Portabella And Bacon Quiche With Roquefort
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 package sliced portabella caps - (6 oz)
- 3 pieces bacon cooked, crumpled
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory (optional)
- 1 prebaked 9-inch pie crust
- 3 ounces Roquefort cheese crumpled (3/4 cup)
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated (3/4 cup)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and bacon and continue to saute until the mushrooms become very limp and any liquid is evaporated, 6 to 7 minutes. Salt to taste.
Combine the milk, cream, eggs and savory. Spread the mushroom-bacon mixture evenly over the bottom of the crust. Then sprinkle the cheeses over the mixture. Cover with the egg mixture.
Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes more. Check for doneness by piercing with a fork, which should come out clean. Let rest for 15 minutes, or cool to room temperature, refrigerate, then reheat for 7 minutes in a 350 degree oven before serving.
This recipe yields 6 servings.