Lobster Fritters (Gluten Free)
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup gluten free pancake mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup crushed gluten free crackers
- 1 lobster tail, shelled, cleaned, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic butter, melted
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Heat oil in a large pot or deep fryer to 365 degrees F.
Combine gluten free pancake mix, onions, celery, coconut, gluten free crackers, lobster meat, seafood seasoning, baking powder, salt, and ground black pepper in a bowl.
Combine eggs, evaporated milk, and butter in a separate bowl.
Stir egg mixture into dry mixture to form a batter.
Drop batter by rounded tablespoons into hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Remove and drain fritters on a rack