Orange Chicken Kiev
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 * 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 * 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 * 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 * 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 * 1 egg
- 1/4 * 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 * 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 * 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, chives, parsley, salt and pepper.
2. Shape into a 6-in. x 2-in. rectangle; place on waxed paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
3. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness.
4. Cut butter mixture into six strips; place one strip in the center of each chicken breast half.
5. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
6. Place the flour in a shallow bowl.
7. In another bowl, beat egg and orange juice.
8. In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs and orange peel.
9. Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
10. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
11. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
12. Discard toothpicks before serving.