- Streusel Topping:
- 1 * 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 * 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 * 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 * 3 tablespoons firm butter or margarine
- 6 * 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (4 to 6 medium)
- 1 * 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 * 3/4 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 3/4 * 3/4 cup milk
- 2 * 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 * 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 * 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 * 2 eggs
- * Ice cream or whipped cream, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, mix 1 cup Bisquick mix, the nuts and brown sugar. Cut in 3 tablespoons firm butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
2. Spread apples in baking dish. In medium bowl, stir remaining filling ingredients until blended. Pour over apples. Sprinkle with topping.
3. Bake about 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean; cool slightly, about 30 minutes. Serve warm if desired with ice cream.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375°F. Use 5 cups thinly sliced apples. Decrease 3/4 cup Bisquick mix in filling to 1/2 cup.