Peanut Butter Pie (GF)
- Crumb crust:
- 1-1/2 cups crumbs from S'Morables or other GF cookie
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, sofened
- 1 cup smooth or chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- Chocolate glaze (topping):
- 1/3 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Additional topping (optional):
- 1/3 cup chopped, salted peanuts
For the crust:
Mix with fork or in a food processor until the consistency of wet sand. Press into 10" pie plate (can use a 9" pie plate, but the crust will be thicker) and bake in a preheated 350 degree for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool completely.
For the filling:
Beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla on medium speed just until smoothly blended. In a separate bowl, beat 1 cup cold heavy cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Using a large rubber spatula, fold half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture to lighten it, then fold in the remaining whipped cream. Spread the mixture evenly into the pie crust. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap pressed directly onto the surface and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
For the glaze:
Heat the 1/3 cup heavy cream and the 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan until boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and immediately stir in the chocolate until melted. Cool slightly, then pour over pie and spread evenly. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if using. Refrigerate at least one hour or up to 3 days. Accompany with whipped cream, if desired.