Mushrooms Florentine II
- 4 portabella mushrooms - (3" to 4" dia)
- 1 package frozen creamed spinach
- 4 ounces grated sharp (yellow) cheddar cheese
- Olive oil as needed
- Old Bay seasoning to taste
- Pimentos or roasted peppers for garnish
Remove stems from mushrooms, brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning. Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat source, cap-side up for about 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Turn over, fill each with 1/4 thawed spinach. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with several strips of pimento or pepper. Broil until cheese is melted.
Serve as the main course or a complete side dish.
This recipe yields 4 servings.