Peruvian Chicken & Avocado Causa
This Peruvian influenced dish can be used as an appetiser or main course.
- 850 g yellow potatoes, cubed
- 250 g skinned chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 carrot, cut into large chunks
- 2 gloves garlic, whole with skin removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely diced cornichons or dill pickle
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely diced tomato (seeds removed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from mrs-jones-to-be.blogspot.com
Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, drain, then mash with the olive oil, lime juice, salt and 3/4 of the chipotle sauce. Allow the mash to cool a little.
Poach the chicken in water with a sliced carrot, garlic, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Drain and cool.
Add the chopped dill to the cooled mash and mix well.
Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred then chill.
Chop the tomato, red onion and cornichons into very small cubes.
Mix the mayonnaise into the shredded chicken until the chicken is well coated, add the cubed veg then mix well.
Mash the avocado with a squeeze of lemon juice then mix in the rest of the chipotle sauce.
Fill a ring mould with a layer of mash, layer of chicken, layer of avocado and final layer of mash.
Use a smaller mould if serving as an appetiser, a larger one for a main course.
You'll also love
- Peruvian Grilled Chicken With... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Rice with Chicken (Peruvian Arroz... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Kombucha Cashew Cheese 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Tender Chicken Gizzards 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Clean Eating Taco Seasoning 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Capellini with Pine Nuts,... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Hummus with Chatta 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Dip from Kari 4/5 (3 Votes)