Orange-Cashew Chicken and Rice
Another recipe from TOH Award winner's book 2014.
- 1 C instant brown rice
- 1 Can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 C chopped cashews
- 1/4 C chicken broth
- 2 TBS. soy sauce
- 2 TBS. teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 lb. boneless, skinless chick. brst., cut into 1/2 " pieces.
- 1 TBS. canola oil 1/2 C chopped bok choy
- 1/4 C minced chives
1. Cook rice. Drain oranges, reserving 1/2 C oranges and 2 TBS. juice.
2. combine cashews, broth, soy sauce teriyaki sauce and reserved juice; set aside. stir-fry chick. in oil until no longer pink. Add cashew mixture; cook 1 min. longer. Add bok choy, chives and reserved oranges; cook and stir for 2 min.