Maccheroncini Alla Boscaiuola
- 1/4 pound fresh boletes sliced, (or a handful of dried Italian porcini)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound maccheroncini pasta (or any elbow macaroni)
- 1 fresh white truffle sliced
- 1 1/2 cups freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
If using dried porcini, soak for 20 minutes in warm water to cover, then squeeze dry (reserve the soaking liquid and add to the mushrooms later with the cream).
Heat the butter in a large sauté pan or skillet until melted. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden. Stir in the cream; cook until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cook the pasta in a large amount of boiling salted water until al dente; drain and add to the sauce. Add the truffle and cheese; toss over low heat. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 5 or 6 main course servings.