Vegan Squash Loaf
Half the Recipe is Approx 220 cals and only 9 g. Sugar with:
14% daily Vit A
20% daily Calcium
19% daily Iron
17% daily Fiber
- 1 Medium Summer Squash or Zucchini shredded or processed
- 1 TBS Flax seed Meal soaked in 3 TBS Water (aka flax egg)
- 1/2 CUP Hodson Mill Quinoa and Flax Cereal (or any other cereal ie oats for gluten free option)
- 1 Bunch of Baby Kale
- 1/4 Onion diced
- 1 TBS Canola Oil
- 1 TBS Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
- Spices to taste (I used paprika, Garlic Salt, Chili Powder, Powdered Cayenne Pepper, Sage, Turmeric, Ground Mustard Seed, Pepper, Fenugreek)
- Optional 1 TBS Breadcrumbs (disregard if going gluten free)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 80mins
1. Soak Flax Seed in Water.
2. Process Squash well and mix in Flax Seed.
3. Add Cereal and mix well.
4. Chop and Par-Boil Kale.
5. Saute Onions in Canola Oil and add Drained Kale; continue to Saute.
6. Process Onions and Kale.
7. Fold in Processed Onions and Kale into Squash/Grain Mix.
8. Add Spices; add more Canola Oil if dry or not viscous enough.
9. Pour Mixture into small, shallow baking pan; Top with Sprinkling of Bread Crumbs if wanted.
10. Bake in small, shallow baking pan at 375F for 45-60 minutes or until firm.
11. Let set for 5-10 minutes.