Lobster Mushroom Frittata
- 1 ounce lobster mushrooms
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
Pour warmed milk over coarsely-chopped lobster mushrooms and allow to sit for one hour.
In a saucepan, saute the onion in 2 tablespoons of butter. Drain the milk from the mushrooms into a bowl, then add the eggs to the milk and beat as if you were scrambling them. Add the mushrooms and all other ingredients to the mixture.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the egg mixture and cook until the bottom is set. Place the skillet under a preheated broiler to finish cooking and to brown the top.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
Purists will insist, not without merit, that the absolute best way in which to enjoy lobster mushrooms is to saute them. Others will tell you that they are at their best when served with eggs. In reality, they can be cooked in nearly any recipe calling for mushrooms. In addition to their color, lobster mushrooms are distinctive for their crisp texture. We've sauteed just a few of them in light olive oil with a touch of garlic. This is an exquisite flavor woodsy but mild, with that slight hint of shellfish. We're using the rest of our lobsters in a frittata, or "unscrambled" eggs!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits 4.5/5 (136 Votes)