Baking Powder Biscuits
- 2 * 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 * 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 * 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 * 5 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 * 3/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the shortening and mix until in little pieces. Add milk a little at a time and mix until it forms a ball.
3. Roll out on floured board to 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick. Cut out in desired size and dip in melted shortening. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Variation: For shortcakes add 2 tablespoons for sugar to the dough and roll dough out to 1/2 inch thick.