Herb Roasted Chicken With Eggplant And Wild Mushroom Hash
- 3 free range chickens - (abt 3 lbs ea)
- 2 pounds assorted wild mushrooms washed, medium dice
- 2 large eggplants peeled, medium dice
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, medium dice
- 3 plum tomatoes concasse
- 6 scallion bias cut
- 1/4 cup shallots chopped
- 2 teaspoon thyme chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup brown chicken stock
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoon whole butter
French the chicken breast, remove the thigh, roast the leg and bones. Make a dark chicken stock. Braise the thigh in dark stock. Dice the meat and hold to use in hash.
Reduce stock and use in hash. Saute diced potatoes in olive oil until golden brown, season with salt and pepper, hold. In another pan saute the wild mushrooms and eggplant, finish with 1 tablespoon whole butter, season and hold.
Put whole butter and fresh herbs under the skin of chicken, season with salt and pepper and sear. Finish in oven until cooked through.
For the Hash: Saute the garlic and shallots until translucent. Deglaze with white wine, reduce, add eggplant, mushroom and scallions. Saute over medium heat. Add thigh meat. Add brown chicken stock, enough to coat. Add fresh herbs and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
Place Hash in center of plate. Slice chicken breast and arrange on top. Finish with dark chicken stock.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)