Homemade Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 c minced fresh pineapple or canned crushed pineapple
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch knob ginger, minced
- 3 T brown sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider or rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 T cornstarch
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients except cornstarch. Puree all ingredients until smooth.
2. In small bowl, mix cornstarch with 1 T cold water. With a fork, break apart the clumps until the liquid is smooth.
3. Transfer the pineapple mixture to a saucepan over med-high heat. Bring to a oil and cook for 1 minute. Immediately stir in the cornstarch slurry. Stir rapidly until the sauce thickens. Use a fork or whisk to smooth the sauce. Boil for about 1 minute or until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.