Crab And Truffle Salad
- MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 6 tablespoons mild vegetable oil - (to 8)
- 1 ounce truffles - (to 2)
- 3/4 pound fresh cooked crab meat
- 1 pound asparagus (or 2 lbs broccoli cut into florets)
- 1 lemon cut 4 wedges
To make the dressing, combine the mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add the oil and mix well. Add more mustard, salt, and pepper to your taste.
Place thin truffle slices between chunks of crab on individual salad plates. Arrange the asparagus or broccoli on each plate. Pour the dressing over and garnish with lemon wedges.
This recipe yields 4 first course servings.