Servings 8, Calories 336, Fat 14.2g, Carbohydrates 31.9g, Protein 21.5g, Cholesterol 32mg, Sodium 569mg, Fiber 4.1g, Sugars 4.3g, WW Pts 7
- 1 lb frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons quinoa flour (or flour of choice)
- 2 cups milk of choice (unsweetened)
- 5 cups cooked quinoa
- 6 ounces ricotta cheese or vegan ricotta
- 8 ounces mozzarella, shredded or Daiya Shreds
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, shredded or vegan Parmesan
Adapted from cookingquinoa.net
ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, shredded or vegan Parmesan
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Rinse spinach and place in a clean dish towel. Wring out excess moisture.
3.Heat olive oil to medium in a large oven proof skillet. Add onion and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.
4.Stir in salt, pepper, red pepper and flour and cook for about a minute longer, then whisk in milk. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low. Stir in quinoa and spinach until well combined.
5.Remove from heat and dot with ricotta cheese. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve warm.