Rum Chata Cupcakes
Rum Chata cupcakes and frosting? What could be better? Celebrate your next event with these homemade cupcakes, top with sprinkles if desired!
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup butter (1 stick, at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 2 2 cups flour
- 2 2 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1 1 cup rum chata
- 1 1 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 4 4 egg whites
- RUMCHATA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 12 12 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 5 5 tablespoons rum chata
- 1 1 package 1 (2-pound) package Confectioners’ sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from lovelifeandcreativethings.wordpress.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine sugar & butter, beat until fluffy.
Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
Mix the Rum Chata & vanilla together, set aside. Alternating, add in the flour mixture and Rum Chata mixture in to the butter and sugar. Start and end with the flour mixture.
In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. (this will be easiest in an electric mixer)
Fold egg whites in to the batter – do not do this in an electric mixer, use a spatula.
Fill cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes.
Note: The frosting is pretty sweet. I had some people say it was just enough, others said it was a little too much. It is REALLY tasty, so of course I was in favor of having more of it.
Combine butter and cream cheese until smooth
Slowly add confectioners’ sugar.
Mix in Rum Chata (use more or less based on the thickness of the frosting. I often find that some days I would use 5 tablespoons, some I would use 4)
Frost the cupcakes.