Chicken Breasts With Shiitakes
- 4 single chicken breasts skinned, boned
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 dried shiitakes stemmed, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 slice fresh ginger - (abt 1/2" thk) peeled, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or more to taste
Rub the chicken breasts with lemon juice. Arrange the chicken in a baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven or until the breasts are brown and juicy. Turn the chicken occasionally while cooking.
While the chicken breasts are cooking, pour the 1 1/2 cups water into a medium saucepan. Add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and the mushrooms. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes. Adjust the taste. If too salty, add more water. If not, add soy sauce.
Place 3 caps over each breast on individual plates and spoon the sauce over each breast.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (383 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)