Chicken Breasts With Shiitakes
- 4 single chicken breasts skinned, boned
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 dried shiitakes stemmed, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 slice fresh ginger - (abt 1/2" thk) peeled, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or more to taste
Rub the chicken breasts with lemon juice. Arrange the chicken in a baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven or until the breasts are brown and juicy. Turn the chicken occasionally while cooking.
While the chicken breasts are cooking, pour the 1 1/2 cups water into a medium saucepan. Add the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and the mushrooms. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes. Adjust the taste. If too salty, add more water. If not, add soy sauce.
Place 3 caps over each breast on individual plates and spoon the sauce over each breast.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.