Chicken Breasts With Oyster Mushrooms In Champagne
- 4 single chicken breasts skinned and boned
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms* sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/4 cup dry champagne
- Parsley sprigs
* Alternate Mushrooms: Chanterelle, Common Store Mushrooms, Morels
Pound the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of waxed paper until slightly flattened. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts. Roll them in the flour and shake off excess.
Heat the butter and oil in a large sauté pan or skillet and sauté the chicken over low heat for about 3 minutes for each side. Add the mushrooms and cover the pan for 10 minutes. Add the cream and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered, over low heat. Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and keep warm.
Add the champagne to the sauce and bring it to a boil, cooking until it becomes creamy. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with sprigs of parsley and serve.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.