This is a recipe from the Taste of Home Cook book of award winning recipes, 2014.
- 1 package (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1/2 C warm water
- 3/4 C warm milk
- 2 TBS. plus 2 tsp. olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 to 3 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1 pckg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry.
- 1 Cart.(15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS. minced fresh parsley
- 1 //8 tsp. pepper
- 2 TBS. corn meal
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 1/2 C pizza sauce, warmed.
1. Mix first 7 ingredients to make dough. Need until smooth; let rise
2. Brown sausage. Add spinach, cheeses parsley and pepper, mix well.
3. Roll dough out to 8 inch circles, after dividing into 6 pieces. Top with 2/3 C filling. Fold dought over filling & pinch to seal.
4. Baked on greased baking sheet with cornmeal sprinkled. Brush tops with extra oil. sprinkle with garlic salt.. Bake at 400 for 20-25 min. or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce.