Baked Turkey Ziti
- 1 lb. uncooked ziti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain & set aside.
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic & saute 2 minutes. Add turkey & cook until browned, breaking up meat with a spoon as it cooks, about 3 - 5 minutes. Drain off any fat & set pan back over medium heat. (Probably will not be any fat to drain.)
Add oregano, thyme, salt & pepper; stir to coat turkey. Cook until herbs become fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes & bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat & simmer for 5 minutes.
Spoon a small amount of turkey mixture into bottom of a 4 quart casserole dish (just enough to cover the surface); top with half of the ziti. Repeat layers & then top with cheese. Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Beef can be subbed for the turkey.
You'll also love
- Chicken Breast with Oranges,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts with Tarragon,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Paprikash (serve with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jodi's Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Morrocon Spice Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PASTA: Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Quattro Formaggi with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Neeley's Baked Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)