Spicy Coconut Chicken Curry
A spicy, sweet red curry with chicken, green beans, red peppers, and corn served over jasmine rice. Perfect for a midweek meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, tot taste
- 1 can (14.5-ounce) light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 red bell peppers with ribs and seeds removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups corn, fresh or frozen
Adapted from greensnchocolate.com
In large heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook pieces until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and set aside. Chicken pieces will continue to cook in step 2.
Add coconut milk, chicken broth, curry powder, and curry paste to the same heavy pot. Bring to a boil and stir in rice. Add the chicken, along with any juices, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, without stirring, until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
Add bell peppers, green beans, and corn, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.