- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 large Russet potatoes, peeled, and cut to 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz) Ketchup
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz) mayonnaise
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- 1 cup (8 fl. oz) olive oil , for frying
Adapted from spain-recipes.com
The brava sauce
In a saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sautÃ© until the onion is soft. Turn off the heat, and add the paprika, Tabasco sauce, and thyme, stirring well. Transfer to a bowl and add the ketchup and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Sprinkle the potatoes lightly with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet fry the potatoes in 1 cup (8 fl. oz) olive oil until cooked through and golden-brown, stirring occasionally. (Take care when adding the potatoes to the saucepan because the oil will splatter due to the salt). Drain the potatoes on paper towels, check the seasoning, add more salt if necessary, and set it aside.
Getting it all together
Mix the potatoes with the sauce inmediately before serving to ensure that the potatos retain their crispness. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.
Note: Can also fry in deep fryer at 350.