Green Beans with Toasted Garlic and Almonds-Thanksgiving
Womans Day-November 2011
Make It Ahead- Partially prepare the green beans. Boil the beans until just tender, then plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To reheat, add to the skillet with the toasted garlic and almonds and cook, tossing until heated through.
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp salt, then the green beans, and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile , heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the almonds and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the green beans to the skillet, season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Alfredo-Stuffed Lasagna Noodles 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Raspberry and Red Currant Jelly 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Garlic Herb Pepperoni Bread (bread... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Easy Green Bean Casserole 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Green Beans with Porcini, Pine... 4/5 (3 Votes)