Beef Tenderloins Stuffed With Morels And Ramps
- 1 pound fresh morel mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons olive oil plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons minced ramps divided
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/2" thk - (abt 8 oz ea)
Finely chop half of the morels and slice the remaining, keeping them separate. Heat 4 teaspoons of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and add the ramps. Saute for about 1 minute. Add the chopped mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes. Season the stuffing with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add 4 tablespoons of ramps and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and saute for an additional 4 minutes.
Mix in the brandy and boil until very little liquid remains. This should take about 2 minutes. Add the wine and boil for approximately 3 minutes. Add the broth and the half-cup of water and allow to boil for about 5 minutes. Add the cream and simmer until thickened. This should take about 8 minutes.
Cut slits in the side of each tenderloin, just large enough to accommodate 1/4 of the stuffing. Press 1/4 of the stuffing into each steak and secure with toothpicks.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook to desired doneness. This will take about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to plates.
Add the sauce to the skillet, bring to a simmer, and scrape up any browned bits in the pan. Spoon the sauce over the steaks.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin Steak 'en... 4.4/5 (90 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff (Using Thin Strips... 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine... 4.5/5 (51 Votes)