Lemony Chicken Rice Salad
- 2 small uncooked shallot(s), or 1 large shallot, minced
- 2/3 cup(s) uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 tsp table salt
- 3 medium uncooked scallion(s)
- 8 oz roasted skinless boneless chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Coat a nonstick pot with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add shallots; cook until softened, stirring, about 1 minute. Add rice, salt and appropriate amount of water to cook rice according to manufacturer’s directions. Cool.
Slice white parts of scallions into thin rounds. Cut green parts into 1/2-inch-long strips.
In a large bowl, toss together rice, scallions and remaining ingredients. Yields about 1 cup per serving.