Blueberry Lemon Crepes with Custard Sauce ($10)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Blueberry Filling:
- 2/3 cup blueberry jam or preserves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Custard Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, for garnish
To make the crepes: Whisk the flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt in a medium bowl. In a measuring cup, whisk together the milk, egg and 1 tablespoon of butter. Slowly whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture until smooth.
In a heavy small saute pan or crepe pan, lightly brush the pan with a layer of melted butter and heat over medium-high heat. Working quickly, pour in about 3 tablespoons of batter and tilt the pan to coat. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes and then flip with a thin metal spatula to finish cooking the other side, another minute. Repeat with remaining batter. Keep the crepes warm while preparing the rest of the dessert.
To make the Blueberry Filling: Heat the jam in a small pan over low heat or microwave until warm and syrupy. Whisk in the lemon juice and set aside.
To make the Custard Sauce: In a small saucepan, whisk the sugar, cornstarch and salt together until well blended. Whisk in the milk and cook over low heat until almost boiling, then remove from the heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and vanilla until well blended. Add a couple of tablespoons of the hot milk from the saucepan and whisk to temper the egg. Add resulting egg mixture to the rest of the warm milk in the pan, whisking to combine. Cook over low heat until the sauce begins to thicken (do not boil). Let the sauce cool slightly while assembling the crepes.
To assemble: Spread some of the blueberry filling in a line down the center of each crepe and roll up. Spoon a few tablespoons of the custard sauce on each dessert plate and lay 2 crepes on top. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve.
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/blueberry-lemon-crepes-with-custard-sauce-recipe.html?oc=linkback
You'll also love
- Rhubarb Coffee Cake with Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Figs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zwetschgenkuchen (Bavarian Plum... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lime Cottage Cheese Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Cranberry Cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Coconut Cream Pie Filling 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Lemon Chicken Breast... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Gelatin Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)