Go To Pie Crust
- Makes one 9
- 1 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 5 Tbsp Cold Butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup of Cold Vegetable Shorting, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 to 5 Tbsp of Ice Water
1) In a food processor add the flour and salt, pulse once to incorporate.
2) Add the butter and shorting, pulse about 10 times or until the butter is about the size of peas and distributed evenly.
3) While pulsing and 1 tbsp of ice water until the dough comes together when pinched between fingers.
4) Dump the dough in a lightly floured surface and quickly form into a disk.
5) Wrap dough and pop it in the fridge for about half an hour before using.
Recipe By: Laura Vitale