White Asparagus And Roasted Mushroom Salad
- 10 white asparagus spears
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and cut bite-sized pieces = (preferably
- chanterelles, oyster, lobster and portobello)
- 1 large red onion cut 8 wedges
- 1 garlic clove smashed, but not
- diced or broken up
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch frisee cut bite size
- 1 bunch arugula torn bite size (abt two cups arugula)
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 550 degrees, or the highest setting.
Break the tough ends off of the asparagus. Place the mushrooms in a gratin or other baking dish with the asparagus, onion, garlic, and thyme. Toss with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the veggies, turning a few times to ensure even browning. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are fork tender.
Transfer the vegetables and their cooking juices to a large bowl. Add the vinegar and a bit more salt and pepper if needed. Toss well and taste for seasoning. Add the greens and toss well. Scatter the Parmesan on top and serve at once.
This recipe yields ?? servings.