Sweet Corn And Mushroom Truffle Pasta
- 8 ounces pancetta julienned
- 2 ears sweet corn preferably white
- 1 pound cleaned assorted mushrooms trimmed, sliced (including oysters, cinnamon cap, and chanterelle)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound fresh fettuccini pasta
- Drizzle of white truffle oil
- 3 ounces freshly-grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade basil
Bring a pot of salted water, with a pasta basket, to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, render the pancetta until it's crispy. This should take about five minutes over medium heat. Remove the pancetta from the pan and set it aside for the time being.
Use a sharp knife to remove the corn from the cob. Add the kernels to the pancetta fat and saute for about two minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and saute for about three minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir in the garlic. Continue sauteing for about one minute, then cook the pasta until al dente, according to package instructions.
Drain the pasta and turn it into a mixing bowl. Season it with salt and pepper, then toss it with the sauteed corn and mushrooms, the reserved pancetta, a drizzle of white truffle oil, the Romano cheese, and the basil. Divide the pasta evenly between four plates and serve it with crusty bread and tossed greens.
This recipe yields 4 servings.