Roast Chicken with Chanterelles and Cipollini Mushrooms
Slow Cooking Fast, Eric Korsh
- Roasting Chicken, 2 lbs, cut up, breasts halved crosswise
- Salt and pepper
- 1 T Butter
- 8 Cipollini onions peeled
- 3/4 lb chanterelle mushrooms bite size pieces
- 1 T finely diced shallots
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 T fresh thyme, plus for garnishing
- 1 lemon halved for seasoning
- Olive oil for seasoning
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Preheat oven 400 deg.
2. Thoroughly season chicken with S & P. Melt butter over high heat in large, heavy skillet, oven proof. Lay chicken in skin down. Arrange whole onions around chicken. Brown until skin is golden and crisp about 5 mins. Flip chicken, transfer to oven. Roast until chicken is cooked and onions are tender, 10-15
3. Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms in remaining butter, melted. Season with S & P. Sauté til brown around edges, about 5 mins. Add shallots and cook til soft, about 2 mins. Stir in garlic and thyme, cook1-2 mins. If dry, add water 1 T water at a time to prevent burning.
4. Pour mushroom sauce over chicken and onions. Garnish with thyme leaves, season with a squeeze of lemon and drizzle oil.