SCONE - Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons (85 grams) unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) buttermilk, chilled, plus additional for brushing
Adapted from completelydelicious.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the butter with a pastry cutter or a fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the buttermilk and stir until the dough comes together in a ball.
On a lightly floured surface, gather the dough into a bowl and knead gently 6 times. Pat dough to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough into three inch rounds with a lightly floured cutter. Place on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Brush with buttermilk.
Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You'll also love
- Tomatillo Ranch Chicken 4.5/5 (15 Votes)