Chicken Friend Rice
- 3 chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, dividied
- 2 large eggs, beaten (I don't use)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cups rice, coooked
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions
In a medium bowl, combine chicken and 3 tbsp soy sauce; let stand while preparing other ingredients.
Remove chicken from soy sauce and discard soy sauce.
In a large dutch oven, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes or until cooked. Remove with slotted spoon; set aside keep warm. Add eggs and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until scambled. Remove from pan-keep warm. Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic and 2 tbsp soy sauce, cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add broccoli, mushrooms and cook 5 minutes until tender. Stir in rice, chestnuts, peas, red pepper, cooked chicken and accumulated juices, egg and remaining 3 tbsp soy sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve immediately.