broccoli cheddar cornbread
- 2 (8.5-ounce) boxes corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) container cottage cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Cheddar
- 1 stick unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed but not drained
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix together all ingredients except 2 tablespoons Cheddar to create a batter in a bowl.
In a 10-inch cast iron skillet melt butter. Saute onions and broccoli until soft. Pour batter over the vegetable mixture and sprinkle top evenly with remaining cheese. You can also place the ingredients in an 11 by 17-inch baking dish.
Bake in oven until golden, 30 minutes.