Pork Stew With Honey Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 1/2 pounds lean pork cubed
- 3 medium onions coarsely chopped
- 3 cups water or more
- 1 pound honey mushroom caps* - (to 1 1/2) (mature caps have more flavor)
- 3 cups sliced 1/4"-thick celery
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour mixed with
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 pound bean sprouts
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Alternate Mushrooms: Black Saddle Mushroom, Hedgehog Mushroom
Heat the oil in a heavy pot and sear the pork cubes, removing them as they brown. When all are browned, return them to the pot and add the chopped onions and the water. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes. Add the mushroom caps and more water if necessary and simmer for 20 minutes longer.
Add the celery, soy sauce, and the flour-water mixture. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. The celery should be cooked but should remain slightly crisp. Add the bean sprouts. Cover and remove from heat. In about 5 minutes the bean sprouts will be cooked. Correct the seasoning, adding pepper and more soy sauce if needed. Serve over steamed white rice.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.
You'll also love
- Persimmon And Candy Cap Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Black Truffles, Olive... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan Roasted Chanterelle-Gorgonzola... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oyster Mushroom Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Nameko Mushrooms And Daikon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Morels Stuffed With Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Tenderloin... 0/5 (0 Votes)