Oatmeal Lemon Bars
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
Adapted from justcallmemaria.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with non stick spray.
In a large bowl cut the cold butter into the cookie mix with a fork or pastry blender.
Stir in the egg until the mixture is crumbly.
Press half of the dough into the bottom of the greased pan and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
In a small bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until thick and combined.
Spread lemon mixture over baked crust and evenly crumble remaining dough on the top.
Bake another 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Teriyaki Beef Jerky 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Deer Summer Sausage 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Corn on the Cob - NuWave 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Basil and Garlic Mashed Sweet... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Avocado Stuffed Pork Chops 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Schwans triple berry crumble 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Spicy Grilled Jalapeno and Lime... 3.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon-Ricotta Lasagna 4.2/5 (5 Votes)