Pan Seared Scallops With Chanterelles And Artichoke Chips
- NICOISE OLIVE VINAIGRETTE:
- 16 scallops
- 16 chanterelle mushrooms
- 2 ounces olive oil
- Artichoke Chips (listed below)
- 1 1/2 Cup Nicoise Olive Vinaigrette (listed below)
- 1 tablespoon diced shallots
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 2 tablespoons whole butter
- 16 sprigs thyme chopped
- 6 ounces Nicoise olives finely chopped
- 1 ounce balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 4 ounces avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves diced fine
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- ARTICHOKE CHIPS:
- 2 large artichokes
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 lemon
Heat 2 ounces of olive oil in a heavy skillet. Season scallops with salt and pepper and brown on both sides. Place scallops in a 400 degree oven for about 4 minutes. Remove from oven and place on warm plate. Add 1 tablespoon of whole butter to pan. Saute garlic and shallots. Deglaze with Nicoise Olive Vinaigrette and spoon over scallops.
Heat 2nd tablespoon butter in saute pan and add chanterelles, saute over medium heat, season with salt, pepper and thyme.
Place chanterelles in the center of a warm plate. Arrange scallops on one side of the chanterelles and the artichoke chips on the other.
Nicoise Olive Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients together in a stainless steel bowl and whisk together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Artichoke Chips: Cut off top of artichoke near bottom, peel away any side leaves. Peel outside skin off stem and scoop out choke. Completely rub artichoke with lemon
Heat olive oil in a saucepan to about 350 degrees, slice artichokes very thin. Deep fry in oil until chips are just brown. Drain on paper towels and salt lightly.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
Recommended Wine: Chateau Woltner Chardonnay, St. Thomas Vineyard 1989
You'll also love
- Pan Roasted Chanterelle-Gorgonzola... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oyster Mushroom Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Nameko Mushrooms And Daikon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Morel And Wild Leek Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Matsutake Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster With Truffle Butter, Corn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ling Cod With Matsutakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Scallops With Chanterelles... 0/5 (0 Votes)