Nameko Mushrooms And Daikon
- 1/4 cup grated daikon or more
- 1 can nameko mushrooms* - (7 oz) drained, with
- liquid reserved
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or more to taste
- 16 ounces tofu block (optional)
- 1 sheet nori (optional)
* Alternate Mushrooms: Shiitake
Mix the daikon with the nameko mushrooms. Season with the soy sauce; add more according to taste.
If serving with tofu, add a little liquid from the can of mushrooms to the daikon mixture and mix it with chopsticks. Cut the tofu into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes and divide into 4 separate servings, about 1/2 cup each. Pour the mushroom mixture over each serving.
If using nori, toast it over an open flame with a fork until it becomes green and crisp. Let cool, then crush it in your hand and sprinkle it on top of the dish. If the tofu is too bland for your taste, add additional soy sauce.
This recipe yields 4 side dish servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Cassoulet 0/5 (0 Votes)