Mushrooms With Spelt Pasta And Hazelnut Oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound clamshell mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced into 1/4" slices
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces spelt angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil - (to 3)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to package instructions. While cooking, make the mushroom topping.
Heat the unsalted butter in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and saute briefly. Add a splash of water, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Uncover and evaporate any remaining liquid. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic. Remove the mushrooms from the heat and season.
When the pasta is done cooking, return it to the pot and toss with the mushrooms, hazelnut oil, and parsley. Continue tossing until very well combined. Transfer to 2 pasta bowls. Garnish with the toasted nuts and serve with a salad of fresh steamed vegetables.
This recipe yields 2 servings.