Gumbo with Chicken & Chorizo & Shrimp
- 5 Comments
- This Louisiana favourite stars tender chicken, smoky chorizo and fresh corn.
- 13 13
- 4 4
- 4.5 4.5
- AVG RATING
- (5 Members)
- Rate this
- recipe To my
- 2 T. oil
- 2-3 chicken breast chopped
- 4 chorizo sausages, halved, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 T. butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp Masterfoods Cajun Seasoning
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 pkg frozen okra
- 1/2 lb shrimp, cut in half
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
Preparation time 90mins
Heat half the butter in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
Add the chorizo to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, or until golden. Transfer to the plate with the chicken.
Heat remaining butter in pan. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften. Add the flour, tomato paste and Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute.
Add stock, okra, chicken and chorizo to pan. Stir to combine. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the mixture reduces slightly Add shrimp and cook another 5 minutes at least. Season with pepper. Top with parsley. Serve with rice.
You'll also love
- Italian Style Sausage with Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Shank With Shallots and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuna, Salmon or Mahi Mahi Steaks... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Barbeques Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Oreganata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Candy's Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chorizo and Polenta Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)