Fruited Curry Chicken Salad
Originally from Allrecipes.com. Adaptions from my friend, Robbin. Great recipe! I think it needs salt so I modified the recipe.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced (Robbin sometimes uses a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped (go to taste here, so onion doesn't overpower)
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and chopped (can leave peel on – good & adds color)
- 1/3 C golden raisins
- 1/3 C seedless grapes, halved (either red or green Robbin tends to use more grapes for added moisture, since she uses less of the mayo)
- 1/2 C chopped toasted pecans (Robbin usually doesn't add nuts, if so, she uses almonds)
- 1/2-1 tsp salt (my addition)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (Robbin uses closer to 1 tsp curry)
- 3/4 C mayonnaise (Robbin uses much less mayo or subs plain Greek or plain reg yogurt)
Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Makes 8 servings.
Recipe says this salad tastes best if made the day before to enhance flavor.