- Recipe By : THE TIMES
- Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Main Dishes
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 quart cold water
- 1 can tomato paste -- 6 oz.
- 2 large onion -- diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic,crushed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 5 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- salt and pepper -- to taste
In heavy gauge pot, heat oil, add beef until brown, add onions and water and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and add tomato paste and all other ingredients and let simmer 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
Adjust with salt and pepper to taste. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Serve over spaghetti, sprinkle with cheddar cheese.