Morels In Cream On Brioche
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound fresh morels trimmed, washed, and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 5 thin slices brioche or challah crusts trimmed and discarded, each slice cut into 4
- triangles and toasted
Use a small saucepan to heat the cream until hot, but not boiling.
Use a 12-inch skillet to heat the butter over medium-high heat until the foam subsides. Saute the mushrooms, stirring frequently, until golden brown. This should take about 7 minutes. Sprinkle the flour on top of the mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for about another minute.
Stir in the hot cream and heat until it reaches a gentle simmer. Reduce the heat to low and gently simmer, covered, stirring once. It should take about 15 minutes for the mushrooms to be very tender. Season with salt and white pepper. Arrange the toast triangles on a platter and spoon the morel sauce on top. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields ?? servings.