CHEESE TOPPED TACO PIE
- Recipe By : BAKE OFF RECIPE
- Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Main Dishes
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust softened -- 15 oz.
- 1 pound griound beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 jar thick and chunky salsa -- 16 oz.
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms -- 4.5 oz.
- 1 can french fried onions -- 2.8 oz.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded taco flavored cheese blend -- 8 oz.
- 2 eggs
- 1 small tomato, seeded, diced
Heat oven to 450. Prepare pie crust as directed on [ackage for one-crust baked shell using 9-inch glass pie pan or 10-inch deep-dish pie pan. Bake at 450 for 9-11 min. or until light golden brown.
Reduce oven to 350. Brown ground beef in lqarge wkillet over medium high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and salsa. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and half of the french fried onions; mix well. Spoon mixture into baked crust.
In small bowl combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the taco flavored cheese blend and eggs; mix well. Spoon over beef mixture.
Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or untl slightly puffed and set in center.
Remove pie from oven. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over filling. Sprinkle remaining french fried onions in center of filling. Return to oven; bake additional 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.