- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms (cut large ones in half)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons mild vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges and/or soy sauce
Put the flour, salt, pepper, marjoram, thyme, garlic, and paprika in a small paper bag. Add the mushrooms and shake well.
Heat the butter and oil in a sauté pan or skillet and sauté the mushrooms on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and/or soy sauce.
This recipe yields 4 side dish servings.