Baked Garlic Chicken (w/Cheesy Red Potatoes & green beans)
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 T of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of chicken broth, divided
- Pepper, to taste
- Roasted garlic & herb seasoning, to taste
- Onion salt, to taste
- 4 T Brown sugar
- 1/2 T red pepper flakes, dep. on taste
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 8-10 small red potatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup of butter, divided (dep. on taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, to taste
Adapted from facebook.com
Turn Ninja to Stove Top High and add 2T of butter, minced garlic and 3T of chicken broth and let cook for a few minutes before adding the chicken seasoned with pepper, roasted garlic & herb seasoning and onion salt. Brown chicken on both sides, about 5 minutes or so each.
In the meantime, mix the brown sugar, red pepper flakes, 3T of chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Then, place the cut small red potatoes into the Ninja pan and sprinkle with garlic salt to taste and add pats of butter on top.
Once chicken is browned on both sides spoon brown sugar mixture over the tops of the chicken breasts. Mixture should run over and end up covering (mostly) the bottom of the pan too. Turn Ninja to Oven setting at 425 and set timer for 25 minutes (next time I may try taking it down to 375 for 30 minutes). Add about ½ cup of chicken broth to the pot. Add the Ninja rack and set the pan on the rack. Cover pot. After about 15-20 minutes remove pan and rack and turn chicken and add additional broth if needed. Replace rack and pan. Sprinkle cheese over top of potatoes. Cover with lid and continue cooking for additional 5-10 more minutes or until chicken is done and potatoes are fork tender.
Serve with green beans or your favorite vegetable. I cooked my green beans in a covered microwavable pan, adding about ½ cup of the chicken broth (save a little in case needed for chicken), 3T of Italian dressing and bacon bits. Cooked on high for 5 minutes and let sit in microwave until Ninja had 10 minutes to cook and then cooked for an additional 8-10 minutes on high, letting it sit in microwave until ready to eat.
You'll also love
- Cherry Crumb Bars 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp, corn and scallion risotto 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Skillet Scalloped Potatoes 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Garlic... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Garlic Naan 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- New Potatoes, Green Beans and Ham 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Bacon-Topped Green Bean Casserole 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Scalloped Red Potatoes and Onions 4.4/5 (18 Votes)