Honey Mushroom Salad
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pound honey mushroom caps*
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 6 tablespoons mild vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small head nappa cabbage cut very fine
* Alternate Mushrooms: Shiitake
Bring the water, salt, and mushroom caps to a boil in a saucepan and cook gently for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain well.
Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet, stirring until fragrant; be careful not to burn them. Mix the sesame seeds with the oil, vinegar, sherry, and soy sauce. Toss the mixture with the mushrooms and refrigerate until slightly chilled. Serve on a bed of cabbage.
This recipe yields 2 to 3 salad servings.