Hedgehogs And Vegetables
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 hedgehog mushrooms - (to 3) sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 6 green onions cut into tops
- and heads
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon beef concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- Freshly-ground black pepper (optional)
In a large sauté pan or skillet melt the butter and sauté the mushrooms and onion for 5 minutes. Add the other vegetables and toss gently . Add the beef concentrate, sugar, salt, and water. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are just barely al dente. Grind black pepper on top and serve on white rice.
This recipe yields 4 side dish servings.