Grilled Sea Scallops With Pasta, Asparagus, Chanterells
- 3/4 pound Vita Spelt angel hair pasta
- 1 cup olive oil plus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves - (packed) rinsed, dried
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 24 fresh sea scallops cleaned
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus blanched
- 1 pound fresh chanterelle mushrooms cleaned
Prepare the pasta according to package instructions. In a mixing bowl, toss the cooked pasta with a tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set the pasta aside.
Meanwhile, in the cup of a blender, combine the basil, pine nuts, garlic, and cheese. Blend thoroughly and season with salt and pepper. While the blender is still running, drizzle in one cup of the oil. The mixture will be thick. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Preheat the grill. Toss the scallops with a tablespoon of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the scallops on the grill and cook for two to three minutes on each side or until they're firm to the touch.
In a saute pan, over medium heat, add the remaining oil. When the pan is hot, add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and saute for about two minutes. Add the asparagus and mushrooms. Continue to saute for three to four minutes or until the mushrooms begin to wilt. Toss the pasta with the vegetables and the pesto. Mix well. Add the cheese and combine thoroughly. Readjust seasonings if needed.
Mound the pasta in the center of serving plate. Place the scallops on top of the pasta. Garnish with parsley.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Chinese Crab Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs With Avocado And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garfish Mississippi 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Smoked Clams 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Scallops With Champagne... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Scallops With Honey-Lime... 0/5 (0 Votes)