Turkey Sliders with Chili Cheese Mayo
This recipe is from Taste of Home award winner's book, 2014.
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBS.Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 TBS. olive oil
- 12 heat and serve rolls
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 1 jar (5 oz.) Sharp American Cheese spread
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 12 small lettuce leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1. in large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain. Crumble bacon and set aside. In the same skillet, sauté onion in the drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 min. longer.
2. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bacon, worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties.
3. Cook in a large skillet in oil over medium heat for 3-4 min. on each side or until thermometer reads 165 r.
4. For mayo., combined the mayo, cheese spread, onion powder garlic powder, and chili powder. Split rolls; spread with mayo. Top each burger with lettuce and tomato.